Wednesday, July 6, 2011

This is South Africa?


After at least 15 bathroom runs, 1 throw up event, over 30 movies, 2 hours of sleep and nearly 22 hours of flying - we finally arrived in South Africa.  Our first glimpse of land was over the wing.



When we landed Andersen looked out the window and asked where we were.  We told him 'South Africa' and he said, "No we're not.  I don't see any animals!"  He was obviously expecting a little more.  We were so glad to finally arrive and get off the plane.




Bruce's brother Hugh and his family met us at the airport.  We haven't seen most of them for 9 years!




Now we are trying to figure out the time difference - but going on 5 hours of sleep in the last 72 hours - we are exhausted anyway.  But, we are ready to start our adventure.

2 comments:

  1. We are excited you made it. Glad to hear the trip finally ended and I truly have sympathy with you as I know how those long flights are, but I must be honest and say I have never done it with more than one child. So I cannot relate. Was the puker Brennen? ha ha. Have fun and tell Andersen to say hi to the animals for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! The adventure started with the planning. Say hey to Hugh, or whatever it is you say in SA.

    ReplyDelete